While you train at Marana Global, please take note of the following:
These updates will take effect from June 1, 2020. Before then, all existing terms and conditions remain valid.
- To be admitted for training at Marana Global, you must complete the registration procedure within the time stipulated for the course.
- Payment must be made complete and in line with our Cashless Policy.
- The Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Level 1 and Level 2 courses are designed for non-graduates only. These courses are suitable for holders of senior school certificates, undergraduates and apprentices.
- General HSE, HSE Level 3 and Advanced HSE courses are for degree holders such as Higher National Diploma (HND), Bachelor degree or equivalent from local and international higher institutions recognized by ISPON.
- To attend the HSE Level 3 (HSE Supervision) course, you must present a valid General HSE as a requirement, alongside your degree certificate. Undergraduates, holders of Ordinary National Diploma and other degrees lower than HND or BSc are not qualified to attend HSE Level 3 training.
- After your training, you will be certified by Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON) as empowered by the ISPON Act 2014, unless where the course is not listed as ISPON course or where you specifically requested for certificates other than that issued by ISPON.
- All courses designed by Marana Global Services Ltd are certified by the company with the support of our technical partners.
- All Instructors/Trainers at Marana Global are competent safety professionals who have been proven to deliver quality and guarantee required improvements for training participants.
- Ability to speak, write and read basic English is a major requirement for all our professional courses as we train using English language. This requirement also applies to foreigners and speakers of other international languages.
- It is your duty to ask for course-specific requirements or check details on our website prior to your registration for any course at Marana Global.
- All participants, including those who are on Distance Learning must complete their courses and take assessments within the time stipulated, unless where an extension is approved following request by the participant.
- You are expected to participate in all exercises applicable to your training as part of your assessment. These will include class works, syndicate exercises, discussions, take home assignments, quizzes, final examination, etc.
- All continuous assessments will be done by trainees and submitted by email to email@example.com. Final examination will be taken online.
- A minimum of 60 marks is required as pass mark for our training. This is equivalent to minimum of 25 marks out of 40 marks in continuous assessment, and minimum of 35 marks out of 60 marks in the final examination.
- You may request by email to defer the submission of your continuous assessment, or defer your final examination up to a maximum of seven days if your request is approved by Marana Global if you feel you need more time to pass the assessment and examination.
- A complete and satisfactory assessment is mandatory for your certification. If you are unable to pass the continuous assessment or final examination, you will be required to pay 18% of the training fee to repeat the continuous assessment or 15% to repeat the final examination. A sum equivalent to 25% of the training fee will be paid where a participant needs to repeat both the continuous assessment and final examination.
- In our quest for improved environmental performance and pursuance of Goal 2021 to reduce paper usage in line with ISO 14001 EMS, some of the training guides and manuals shall be provided to you electronically through email, electronic storage media or other means appropriate for the company. Also, all assignments, class works, syndicate exercises, training attendance, registration, etc shall be done electronically and submitted to dedicated email address where applicable. The use of papers for these shall be strongly discouraged as much as possible. See our Environmental Policy for more.
- Lateness to class and general misconduct are not allowed during training at Marana Global.
- In line with our Safety Policy and Security Policy, it is our duty to provide a safe environment fit for purpose. Nevertheless, you have the personal responsibility to look after your belongings and take charge of your safety. You agree to indemnify us and our partners of any damages or losses whatsoever that may arise from your use of our facilities.
- You are required to collect your certificate from our office within 30 days from the date you received notice to do so. Marana Global does not accept liability for certificates that are not collected as at when required. Upon your request, the certificate may be shipped to your preferred location using standard courier service at your own cost and liability.
- All participants on Distance Learning or Virtual Classroom are entitled to free certificate shipment to their registered address anywhere in Nigeria. This is subject to other T&Cs including minimum order requirement set by the company. International trainees who want their certificates shipped abroad will pay for such shipment.
- You are prohibited from editing, copying, unauthorized sharing or transferring, transforming, etc of our training materials, presentation slides, videos, manuals, textbooks, case studies, and other resources that you may be provided for the purpose of your training at Marana Global or any of our training partners. You agree that such acts will constitute criminal act and may be addressed under the laws of Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- All assignments, assessments, etc submitted in the course of your training will remain properties of Marana Global. You declare that all assessments, group works, assignments, etc submitted in the course of your training belong to you and they are your original works and concepts. You agree to indemnify us and our partners from damages and liabilities arising from your breach of any copyright agreement whatsoever.
- You agree to be bound by other relevant terms and conditions applicable to training and services provided by Marana Global. We advise that you read our policies for more information.
To set a global pace in safety and environmental training and services.
To consistently provide quality and timely solutions to the global community in our areas of services.